ORIC (Office of Research, Innovation & Commercialization) was established at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University (MAJU) Karachi on February 06, 2016. It is aimed to provide strategic and operational support to the university in research, innovation and commercialization under one umbrella.
The growth of economies around the world has been driven largely by the pursuit of scientific understanding, application of business solutions and continual technological innovation. Therefore, being a vital organ of MAJU, ORIC plays a pivotal role in transforming the research and innovation activities of MAJU researchers into commercial products, which should have a social impact on our Pakistani society. ORIC also connects university with the local/global industry to get the state of the art research projects and also ensures the timely completion of these projects in accordance with the international standards.
Providing leadership in economical and industrial development through research and innovation.
Promoting and supporting research as well as knowledge-based economy that helps to achieve economical and industrial competitiveness in the country.
- To develop strong research collaborations with local and global stakeholders.
- To establish a strong liaison with the relevant industry to get the commercial projects.
- To develop policies and priorities to foster the research culture in university.
- To arrange training programs and activities related to commercialization of research.
- To provide information to faculty about various available research grants.
- To evaluate markets for commercialization of Inventions.
- To organize conferences, workshops and seminars.